Friday, August 14, 2015

Incomplete dream application (1288)

That is, verbatim, the subject line of the email I just got from the Dream Foundation, an organization that grants wishes to people facing a premature end of life.

Momentarily, I wondered at the error code. How incomplete was my dream? Was it a Secret-esque oversight, where I'd failed to imagine my way to normal health and would now be punishedwith untimely deathfor my inability to manifest a proper future? Had not been positive enough to live? Some wise soul shared on Facebook that "We Are Never Dealt A Hand We Can't Play." I wanted to offer this wag to trade hands with meI suspect hers is better than minebut I was too daunted by her complete lack of self-awareness to try.

Then of course I realized my dream wasn't actually to stick around for a normal lifespan--I'm not an idiot--but to simply do something nice for my kids. Take them on a nice cancer-perq-funded dream trip.

But dreams are limited and applications can be denied, so I'll say no more about it unless something good comes about. Completing that dream application now...

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps your dream just needed the "," in your email to be a "."... that happens to me sometimes. <3

    ReplyDelete